Skip to main content

Philatelic stories for Singapore students and teacher


Introduction

I am TAN Wee Kiat, an old retired teacher.  I served in the Singapore Education Service for 41 years at various education institutions until I retired from the National Institute of Education (NIE) in May 2004.

Stamp-collecting is one of the hobbies that keeps me well occupied (and out of mischief) in my retirement years.  In connection with this hobby, I published several small books of stories based on Singapore stamps.

I would like to thank my good friend, Mr James Seah ( a veteran blogger and story-teller) for encouraging me to start this blog to share my stamp-based stories with others.

Aim of blog

The Singapore stamp-based stories touch on a variety of topics associated with local history and heritage.  Hopefully, the stories will be interesting and informative for students and teachers, and the general public.

Philatelic stories for Singapore students & teachers.

The first story to be featured on this blog is titled:

Stamps of high value, low price.

This will be followed by:

Two stamps for the price of one.

Thank you.

TAN Wee Kiat
January 2020.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Japanese Occupation 1942-1945

Singapore Icons on Foreign Stamps

Singapore's Monuments and Landmarks